|Be a FORDEC Volunteer
Volunteering is an act of dedicating one’s time, energy and expertise to benefit other persons, animals, community, and the environment without pay. In return, the volunteer may reap many benefits such as gaining more insight into one’s own value and strength, more self-confidence, more experiences, and more human contacts. It may help the volunteer to feel his/her self-worth and self-respect. It is a good way of paying back to society.
FORDEC’S volunteers are categorized into three groups:
1. Students from various levels of studies from secondary school, colleges and universities from Thailand and abroad.
2. Caring individuals/ groups of Thai or Foreigner.
3. National and foreign groups, clubs, foundations, companies / corporations and organizations.
What volunteer opportunities are available?
1. Assist with the writing of project proposals and reports in Thai and/or English.
2. Assist with the translation of children’s letters from Thai to English.
3. Assist teachers and the cook at Wat Mahavong Community Daycare Center – FORDEC 6, with the creation of teaching materials and nutrition programs to help these children learn, develop and eat properly.
4. Assist FORDEC staff in carrying out their various tasks especially in program and family services, PR, fund raising and coordination of various programs/activities.
5. Assist with public relations in order to spread news about the work of the FOUNDATION via:
5.1) Printed Media: such as newspaper, magazine, journal, booklet, brochure, leaflet, small document and poster.
5.2) Electronic Media such as radio, television, movies and documentary.
5.3) Social Media such as Facebook, Youtube, Twitter featuring news about FORDEC.
5.4) Direct emailing and forwarding.
6. Help create/organize short-/long-term events or activities that will benefit underprivileged children, poor families or society that correspond with the volunteer's own interest or field of study.
7. Participate in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR.) activities organized by the companies, clubs, corporations, organizations and associations.
8. Assist with the training and development of FORDEC personnel in their various fields of responsibility.
A volunteer, however may choose to work in the area of his/her expertise or interest. Please fill in the form and return it to the FOUNDATION. For more details please visit www.fordecthai.org, Email: email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. 0-2721-2983
Volunteer assistance is much needed in the area of:
1. Writing of project proposals and reports in Thai and/or English.
2. Translation of children’s letters from Thai to English.
3. Creation of teaching materials and nutrition programs to help teachers and the cook at Wat Mahavong Community Daycare Center – FORDEC 6 to teach more effectively and for the children to learn, develop and eat properly.
4. Helping FORDEC staff in carrying out their various tasks especially in program and family services, PR, fund raising and coordination of various programs/activities.
5. Public relations.